Butler County Engineer's Office

 

Home

Projects

Road Reports

Permits/Records

What's New
News Releases
Public Announce
Contracts
Technology

About Us

Butler County

Links

Site Contents


 www.bceo.org

* News Release *
 
Tuesday, December 15, 1998
For Immediate Release

CINCINNATI DAYTON ROAD WIDENING SLATED FOR 2000
Maud Hughes Road to I-75

Butler County Engineer Dean C. Foster reports that plans to widen Cincinnati Dayton Road in Union Township are moving ahead with construction slated for the year 2000. The project will be advertised and sold in 1999, and motorists may notice some preliminary utility work before the end of the year.

Foster says the County will widen Cincinnati Dayton Road to five lanes between Tylersville Road and Interstate 75 and to four lanes from Tylersville to Maud Hughes Road; about 1,200 feet of Maud Hughes will also be improved north from Cincinnati Dayton Road; major improvements will be made to the intersection at Tylersville Road with five lanes added to each leg of Tylersville; the bridge over I-75 will be widened with upgrades to the entrance and exit ramps at the interchange; and, a fully actuated traffic signal system will be installed along the entire length of the project to increase efficiency and improve traffic flow.

"This project is necessary because the demand exceeds the capacity of the current roadway," noted Foster. "Anyone who travels the road, especially at rush hour, knows that it can become very congested."

Federal funds will be utilized to pay for 80 percent of the project, which is estimated to cost approximately $14 million. The remaining 20 percent will consist of local matching funds.

The project is expected to take two years to complete and construction will be performed while traffic is maintained. Access to all businesses will also be maintained throughout the course of the project. "Once construction is underway, every effort will be made to accommodate the local businesses and the motoring public. We want to minimize the inconveniences as much as possible," Foster emphasized.

The BCEO plans to hold several meetings in conjunction with Union Township and the Southeast Butler County Chamber of Commerce to provide project information and updates to residents and businesses along the road. Questions and input from the public will also be strongly encouraged. The first meeting is being planned for late January.

# # #


Questions or comments about this web site? Email to BCEO Webmaster.

Home | Projects | Road Reports | Permits/Records | What's New | About Us | Butler County | Links | Site Contents 

www.bceo.org